A person staying at the Manston migrant processing centre in Kent has died in hospital after being taken ill
Earlier this month hundreds of people had to be moved out of the site after it became dangerously overcrowded.The site, which opened in January this year, was designed to hold up to 1,600 people for no more than 24 hours.
A report of the site carried out in July this year by HM Inspectorate of Prisons found migrants on the site were sleeping on floors and unable to use the toilet in privacy.
Danmark Seneste Nyt, Danmark Overskrifter
Similar News:Du kan også læse nyheder, der ligner denne, som vi har indsamlet fra andre nyhedskilder.
Person staying at Manston migrant centre dies - Home OfficeThe person was taken to hospital on Saturday after becoming unwell, says the Home Office.
Læs mere »
Person staying at Manston migrant processing centre in Kent dies in hospitalBREAKING: A person staying at the Manston migrant processing centre in Kent has died in hospital, the Home Office has said. 📺 Sky 501, Virgin 602, Freeview 233 and YouTube
Læs mere »
Anger at 'unacceptable' Home Office as hotel closed for asylum useThe hotel is being used by the Home Office to house people awaiting asylum decisions
Læs mere »
Child Q: More than 1,000 black children strip-searched by policeCampaigners say the practice is 'disturbing' but the Home Office says strip searches play an 'important role' and the safeguarding of children is taken 'extremely seriously'.
Læs mere »
Post Office owner shut shop for good after armed raid left her 'traumatised'A Post Office owner shut her business for good after an armed raid left her 'traumatised'.
Læs mere »