After two decades fighting the U.S., Taliban leaders now find themselves sparring with neighbors as the realities of global warming hit home
The dispute with Iran over depleted water resources is further destabilizing an already volatile region.
Iranian foreign ministry spokesman Nasser Kanaani said in a press conference last week that “preliminary agreements are in place” with the Taliban government over Iran’s rights to water from the Helmand, without providing further details. to Sistan and Baluchestan, the country’s poorest province, which was hit hard by the water shortage. “I warn the officials and rulers of Afghanistan that they should honor the water rights of the people of Sistan.
But despite the call for diplomacy, the Taliban prepared for war. As well as soldiers and suicide bombers, its rare military deployment also included hundreds of military vehicles and weapons left behind by the US, the person said, asking not to be identified due to the sensitivity of the situation. The agreement has been a source of tension for decades. Iran has long argued it doesn’t receive enough water. The situation worsened with the Taliban’s takeover, which came during years of drought.
Danmark Seneste Nyt, Danmark Overskrifter
Similar News:Du kan også læse nyheder, der ligner denne, som vi har indsamlet fra andre nyhedskilder.
Angus Cloud’s mum insists Euphoria star didn’t die by suicideAngus Cloud’s mother has insisted he ‘did not intend’ to take his own life. 'When we hugged goodnight we said how much we loved each other and he said he would see me in the morning.'
Læs mere »
Top doctor 'shoots baby dead' at family home before killing herselfDetectives suspect the mother and her baby died in a murder-suicide.
Læs mere »
Bournemouth: Four teenagers arrested after 18-year-old dies in Lower Gardens park fightThe four men detained were all aged 18 and from coastal areas - two are from Portsmouth, one is from Poole and the other is from Bournemouth.
Læs mere »
Fans declare who they want AJ to fight instead as Whyte rematch cancelled over drugs testAnthony Joshua has been left without an opponent next Saturday as his fight with Dillian Whyte was cancelled. Whyte returned ‘adverse analytical findings’ in a VADA test, promoter Eddie…
Læs mere »
Brain tumour survivor's love for piano 'helped him to fight back' after surgeryPaul Murray has credited listening to Frédéric Chopin’s Ballade Number 1 for restoring his memory as he lay partially paralysed in a hospital bed.
Læs mere »
Joshua fight off after Whyte drugs test returns 'adverse' findingAnthony Joshua’s scheduled rematch against Dillian Whyte has been cancelled after the latter “returned adverse analytical findings”.
Læs mere »