Lucas Paqueta was poised to join Manchester City in an £85 million ($108m) move before an investigation into alleged betting breaches began.
He was summoned to be interviewed by a panel of investigators on Monday - something the 25 year old is said to have been open to. However, the Hammers lodged an appeal for this process to be delayed, with the FA agreeing to their request.
West Ham are reported to have been concerned about how the saga has played out in the media without any public acknowledgement of the potential infractions by the FA. The delay will allow the club to take stock of what lies ahead for the midfielder, having been alerted to the potential breaches last week.
Danmark Seneste Nyt, Danmark Overskrifter
Similar News:Du kan også læse nyheder, der ligner denne, som vi har indsamlet fra andre nyhedskilder.
Man City told they will need to spend £100m to sign Lucas PaquetaFootball insider has been told by Franck McAvennie Man City will have to spend £100million if they want to sign Lucas Paqueta from West Ham this summer.
Læs mere »
- David Moyes hails Lucas Paqueta performance amid FA investigation and Man City move collapseLucas Paqueta netted the winning goal on Sunday as West Ham outclassed Chelsea 3-1 in a Premier League clash.
Læs mere »
James Ward-Prowse and Lucas Paqueta make mark as 10-man West Ham stun ChelseaNayef Aguerd, Michail Antonio Lucas Paqueta struck for the Hammers.
Læs mere »
James Ward-Prowse and Lucas Paqueta make mark as 10-man West Ham stun ChelseaNayef Aguerd, Michail Antonio Lucas Paqueta struck for the Hammers.
Læs mere »
Revealed: West Ham's own sponsor Betway reported suspicious betting patterns that led to Lucas Paqueta's £70m Man City move collapsingWest Ham's own shirt sponsor Betway is behind the probe that has seen Lucas Paqueta's possible move to Manchester City fall through.
Læs mere »