New homes on Hoyles Lane The race is on for Preston, South Ribble and Chorley councils to complete years of work that will determine where and how many new
The race is on for Preston, South Ribble and Chorley councils to complete years of work that will determine where and how many new houses are built in each area – or else face having to start the lengthy process all over again.The trio of neighbouring districts also run the risk of a housebuilding free-for-all if the job is not done by a government-imposed deadline.
“We made a decision to ensure that we get the local plan this side of the 2025 deadline. If we fail, the costs…would be quite expensive, because we’d have to start all over again – a huge amount of work has been done,” Cllr Borrow told a recent meeting of the full council. He added that next year would be “crucial” in ensuring that the timescale was met.
In the absence of an up-to-date local plan, councils are usually expected to give the green light to all forms of sustainable development provided that any disadvantages of doing so would not “significantly outweigh the benefits”. The disputes have often resulted in public inquiries – involving all three Central Lancashire districts – at which planning inspectors sometimes came to different conclusions about how the local arrangements should be interpreted, leading to wild fluctuations in how many homes each borough is expected to build at any given point.
A follow-up consultation had been due to take place during the latter part of the summer, but a recent meeting of the Central Lancashire Joint Advisory Committee was told that that will now happen in the spring or summer of next year.
Danmark Seneste Nyt, Danmark Overskrifter
Similar News:Du kan også læse nyheder, der ligner denne, som vi har indsamlet fra andre nyhedskilder.
New Irish League book takes fans down incredible memory laneThe book is a brilliant photographic insight into the club
Læs mere »
Alan Wake 2 New Game+ is post-launch DLC with new story elementsAfter Spider-Man 2 relegated its New Game+ mode to post launch DLC, Alan Wake 2 is doing the same.
Læs mere »
Maine shooting survivor hid in a bowling lane to escape gunmanA manhunt is underway for the gunman responsible for opening fire at a bowling alley and restaurant on Wednesday evening, with at least 16 feared dead.
Læs mere »
'Controlled explosion' near Langleybury Lane, Abbots LangleyPolice put a cordon in place for a bomb squad “controlled explosion” related to objects found near a road.
Læs mere »
Gardener, 32, found guilty of gimp suit offences towards two female motorists on country laneJoshua Hunt, 32, was found guilty of intentionally causing harassment, alarm or distress to two female motorists while dressed in an all-black gimp suit.
Læs mere »